VanWest College is a privately owned Canadian college with campuses located in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. The College is certified by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) branch of the BC government Ministry of Advanced Education. Certification by PTIB assures clients that VanWest College delivers education and training programs that meet and exceed high quality educational standards and student protection.
The Marketing Manager for Taiwan and China is responsible to communicate regularly with Marketing Executive Director to receive assignments and updates on priorities and to report on/review current projects/issues, prepare annual marketing budget and marketing strategy in consultation with Marketing Executive Director, liaise with both local and international student recruitment agencies and associations in the assigned market, and organize and attend international educational events or agent fairs in order to recruit new students from the assigned market.
The Marketing Manager for Taiwan and China’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Plan/attend/follow-up on agent visits from the assigned market
· Maintain and update marketing database, agent contracts and agent information, ensure that have all the relevant updated promotional materials
· Keep up to date with the ESL industry trends and updates through educational fairs, trade journals, networking contacts, industry association meetings and news releases. Apply this knowledge to develop effective strategies to grow the business.
· Provide outstanding customer service to potential and current clients, partners and associates. Make sure the responses through e-mails, phone calls, social media are timely and sales-oriented.
· Handle students concerns in consultation with Marketing and Academic Executive Director. Keep confidential records of meetings and solutions.
· Provide information and orientation to students, “walk-ins”, agents and visitors.
· Research (or delegate research) and analyze current information on the industry an competitor
· Review program price and gross margin goals for existing programs annually and establish new program pricing
· Develop promotion materials based on the market trends
· Develop brochures, flyers, agent manuals for the assigned market
· Ensure that VanWest College pursues a policy of high student and agent satisfaction
· Attend staff meetings and provide updates on marketing activities
· Maintain company confidentiality and professionalism.
· Full-time position that may require evening work and weekends in order to meet deadlines
· Business travel is required: Willing to travel; Willing to travel regularly; Willing to travel cross-border; Willing to travel for extended periods; Willing to travel overnight; Travel expenses paid by employer
· Prepare, organize and deliver presentations effectively
· Knowledge of other cultures
· Fluent in spoken and written Chinese language
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Resourceful and patient
· Organized and detail-oriented
· Creative thinking
· Ability to work independently with high level of flexibility
· Friendly and easy going
· Ability to work with others
· Ability to make cold, calls, approach people to establish networking contacts
· Decision-making and efficient problem-solver
· Good eye for details
· Good leadership skills
· Ability to work under pressure
Education and Experience
· Min 1 year of Sales or customer service experience
· A university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
200 – 1016 Nelson Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6E 1H8 Canada
How to Apply