Create Career College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) accredited by PTIB (Private Training Institutions Branch) and has earned BCEQA (British Columbia Education Quality Assurance) designation. We are hiring a full-time experienced Accounting Bookkeeper.
Job duties include:
• Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
• Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
• Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
• Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
• Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
• Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field
Or Completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting)
or Courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required.
Compensation: $21.00-$23.00/hour, 35 hours/week
Benefits: 10 days of paid vacation per year or 4% of gross salary as vacation pay
Canadian citizens and permanent residents are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested, please email via email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.